Our technology originated from the concepts applied by the Israeli Air Force and the intelligence services who use auto aerial photo diagnostics to track collateral damage after engaging the enemy. This means that the technology has the ability to detect and compare changes in imagery and then conduct analysis and comparison at a very high precision level. This technology and ability are responsible for the fact that missiles can hit targets that are hundreds of miles away. Now Emerald has applied it to facilitate the early detection and diagnostics of skin cancer, in order to both prevent and cure it. It has subsequently been upgraded by the Emerald development staff to improve performance even further. DermaCompare applies innovative technology focusing on these key elements:
1. Easy to use off the shelve imaging technologies (every smartphone or digital camera)
2. Unique proprietary algorithms, which enable automated image processing for identifying and registering skin moles. These can be pictured by any kind of camera including that inside a mobile phone.
3. Automated skin mole registration and anchoring together with a multidimensional database for documentation and real-time retrieval of data regarding skin moles and lesions.
4. Utilizing big data and predictive analytics to provide physicians with real time data on patients’ skin, history and changes in moles or lesions.
5. Harnessing the power of crowdsourcing of skin imaging and Cloud Computing for dermatologists, providing a low cost, user-friendly end-user interface.
In addition, DermaCompare integrates augmented reality that enables physicians to review the patient’s skin, using their smartphone or Google Glass. They will then receive a summary of data points displayed clearly on the smartphone with all the current related data about the patient’s skin, including alerts to any suspicious changes. All the physician or the patient need to do is take the 25 pictures with a camera on his smartphone following specific instructions from the DermaCompare software and upload them to the system. This platform will provide for the first time a global multidimensional database of the human skin accessible anytime, anywhere. By using easy available off the shelve imaging technology such as smartphones, DermaCompare enables every person to take care of his own health, enabling telemedicine of skin cancer diagnostics, and an easy 2nd opinion if needed.